Chobham village is situated in north west Surrey. Close to the M25 and M3 motorways it is within easy reach of London. The village is surrounded by Chobham Common.
Chobham has a large selection of Public Houses and restaurants, as well as many other shops. View some of the places of interest in the map of Chobham. This map is also useful for finding directions to Chobham and the surrounding areas.
Chabenham to Chobham
Originally called Chabenham, Chobham has existed since Saxon times in the 7th century. The central focal point of the village is the ancient church of St Lawrence which dates from 1080 and is dedicated to St Lawrence who was martyred for his faith in Rome in 257.
The Clump was a familiar landmark visible from Chobham. It was a clump of scots pines near Staple Hill that survived until 1960.
Many of the pretty building and houses in Chobham were built in the second half of the sixteenth century.
On the High Street there is St Lawrence Church which dates back to 1080 AD. Read more about the church on the History of St Lawrence page.
In the 21st century the village still has many beautiful old buildings and plenty of open surrounding countryside including Chobham Common (opens the Surrey Wildlife Trust website), which is a National Nature Reserve. Two small rivers run through the village; the Mill Bourne and the Bourne.
For directions on how to get to Chobham, visit the Village Map page.