As well as training in fire safety, volunteers in Chobham village will have training so that they could advise and offer support to others in the event of an incident of flooding.
- Keeping people safe - educating the public on fire and road safety
- Working with our firefighters - helping at station open days and community safety events.
- Helping young people to develop - at Firefighter for a day and Junior Citizens schemes.
- Spreading the word - leaflet dropping for our prevention campaigns and events.
- Working in the community - helping us at home fire safety, flooding and wildfire prevention visits.
What we need from you
- A commitment of 8 -10 hours per month.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to complete a small amount of written work and forms.
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
- A full, clean UK driving license and a vehicle would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A CRB check.
Training will be provided for successful applicants.